User: Password:
   Keep me logged in.
Register  |  I forgot my password

Login  |  Register

Web Directory - Hip Hat Link Exchange  - Article Details

Fire Damage to Your Home

Date Added: April 24, 2009 06:39:08 AM
Author: suman sharma
Category: Home
If you are in danger because of a fire, first call 911 before calling any restoration company or seek advice on what to do. A restoration company should only be invited to see the damage after you're safe and sound. Water damage home, disaster recovery and sewage damage can cause health issues if you do not take care of the issues immediately. Water damage is the worst thing that could happen to your electronic appliances. In spite of that, some electronic equipment or appliances can be salvaged if proper measures are taken immediately in the event of its exposure to water.

The first step is to turn the power off. De-energizing your electronics should be done carefully, because water damaged can create a short circuit situation within in your electronic appliance and could result in electricution. Before touching anything plugged into an electrical socket, be sure that your hands and the floor you are standing on are completely dry. Remove the connection from the main circuit panel before touching your electronic appliance, and then unplug the appliance.

Fire damage is one of the most unpleasant things you could experience and the very thought of it flashes a lot of uncomfortable pictures. The condition is even worse for those who had a first hand experience in dealing with fire damage and in this case the fire accident keeps haunting you. Many nights you will wake up jolted by the nightmare. It is common for fire victims to wake up in the middle of the night troubled by the sequence of events, as if it is happening again.

Smoke damage is the collection of airborne solids and liquid particles, and gases emitted when a material undergoes combustion. It will cause as much damage as the fire itself, as it spreads quickly and damages items that were not affected by the fire. While It is unwanted by-product of fires (including stoves, candles, oil lamps, and fireplaces), smoke is used in rituals, when incense, sage or resin is burned to produce a smell for spiritual purposes. Smoke is sometimes used as a flavoring agent and preservative for food.

Mold Cleanup is something that you have to be careful with because toxic mold and water damage mold can cause pulmonary and breathing problems. You really do need to have good information about what black mold looks like and how it forms. It only takes a short period of time to do the required testing and inspection of your home to make sure that it is a safe place for your family. You should be particularly aware of any allergies that someone in your household has. This could be your first hint that you need to look at black mold removal.

Water damage restoration & repair services are provided by technicians of water damage companies nationwide and are usually available around the clock. Since they understand that prolonged exposure to water and smoke after the fire can cause serious damage, they are usually available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Ratings
Comments

No Comments Yet.


Visual Confirmation Security Code

*Enter the code shown: